With the recent Bronx fire, it is very important you heed these warnings and tips to stay safe.
Space heaters can be very dangerous if not used correctly. Please see how to protect you and your family.
- As temperatures are dropping, many will look for supplemental heating sources for their homes.
- Space heaters can be a good alternative for those who want to warm one area of their home without turning up the thermostat on the central heating system.
- Space heaters are also responsible for 32 percent of house fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
- It can be tempting to place a small heater on a shelf, so it is not in the way of pets and children, it is safest to leave the heater on a level floor on a nonflammable surface. Keeping the space heater on the floor can keep it from falling over, preventing fire hazards.
- The most important, space heater placement with the Three (3) foot rule. Whether you are using the heater in the bedroom, living room or kitchen, space heaters should always be kept Three (3) feet away from flammable materials and out of the way of children and pets.
- You should never use an extension cord when plugging in a space heater as it can cause overheating.
- The space heater should be plugged directly into a wall outlet and should be the only thing plugged in to the wall outlet.
- Make sure to turn off and unplug the heater when leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Following these tips and making sure to follow the manufacturer
And check out the other blogs we must stay safe this winter.
Please don’t forget to check on your elder neighbors, friends, and family.
Local Law 31 of 2020
Law 31, instated in 2004, required that “building owners follow and retain evidence that safe work practices were used for all repair work.
Mell Goldman – Board of Advisors Newest Member
Mell Goldman has been invited to join the Spirit of Huntington Art Center Board of Advisors as a member this coming year.
Water Damage and How to Fix It
We have all delt with water damage in our homes and/or places of work. Here are some ways on how you can fix it.